It’s the beginning of the month and time to plan your October insurance marketing.
October is known for pumpkin patches, apple picking, cooler weather, pumpkin spice lattes, and of course, Halloween. The back-to-school craze of September has finally slowed down and we’re in that “calm before the storm” of the holiday season.
Let’s look at some ideas for generating new business in October….
October Insurance Marketing Plan:
- Draw your Referral Reward winner from September and PROMOTE them on all of your social networks and email newsletter. (Learn about Referral Rewards here.) Take a photo, make a video and SHARE it on Facebook, etc PLUS on your website and in your next email blast. CHALLENGE: Post on social media about your referral program at least once a week all month.
- Schedule Annual Review appointments for people with last names starting with S & T. Get them on the phone to review their coverage, look for discounts and multi-line opportunities. CHALLENGE: See how much you can WOW each client at their appointment by improving their coverage significantly without a large rate increase. Then get a testimonial or referral from them!
- Get Life Insurance Leads – Run the monthly Birthday campaign to clients with a December birthday. (I’ve already made all the marketing materials you need to implement this quickly in our NEW Life Insurance Promotion Kit. Check it out here.)
- Plan Your Social Media – Facebook is THE place for connecting with your current client base, building your referral program, and marketing multi-line products. Plan to post at LEAST once a day during the week and challenge yourself to share at least one personal photo each month. (Join our Platinum program if you need help making this happen. We’ll write the content and post it for you!)
- Win-back Campaign – A win back is a prior client who has left and gone with another company. Maybe your rates have changed since they left? Or maybe they realized that the grass wasn’t greener with the new company! Either way, they’re interested in coming back if the price is right. Run a list of win-backs and start calling them to offer a fresh quote at your new rates.
And no good marketing plan works without a solid review of what you’re already doing! Take an hour to look at all of your September reports.
- Where did most of your sales come from?
- Which staff member produced the most?
- How can you take what works and do MORE of it?
- Where do you stand on your year end goals?
If you don’t have the systems in place to TRACK these things now, what better time then today to start getting them?
The last quarter of the year starts now. Don’t let it pass you by.
Download Your October Insurance Marketing Calendar
If you’d like a printable calendar version of October’s marketing plan, click here and I’ll send you one!