What’s the ONE thing you can do TODAY to get in front of insurance prospects? Be visible!
It’s true for everyone no matter what you sell. You have to put yourself out there to get quotes. People have to know who you are, like you, and trust you!
I try to do something every day to put myself in front of new people. But some days, it’s hard to figure out WHAT to do. I’ve put together a list of ideas for you below. If you’re feeling stuck, choose one off the list below and try it today.
Eight Ways To Get In Front of Insurance Prospects
- Email someone you’ve met at a networking event recently and schedule a time for coffee. Look for other business owners who are looking to grow their reach and that might be a good referral partner. (Accountants, attorneys, real estate agents, mortgage lenders, etc). Try to book at least one networking coffee each week.
- Find a good networking group to join. Think of a volunteer position relating to school, church, or community. Don’t choose a business networking group, this needs to be personal. You want to get your face and name in front of more local people, but in a non-sales way. People do business with people they know! So when their friend from the PTA is an insurance agent, that’s who they call. Find a group and contact them to figure out how to get involved and put it on your calendar.
- Make a short video and share it on Facebook. Answer a question like “how can I save money on auto insurance when I have a teen driver?” or “What’s the best way to lower my monthly insurance cost?” Keep the video under 3 minutes and make a strong call-to-action at the end. Upload to Youtube and post it on your business and personal Facebook page.
- Call everyone you’ve run a quote for in the past week that hasn’t replied back and follow up with them.
- Post a photo of you or your team on Facebook. Photos increase engagement and get more reach! (Always add a call-to-action in the post!)
- Start a new marketing campaign like the Life Birthday Campaign. (Read about it here.)
- Get connected with someone in the local media. Search out reporters from the local news station or newspaper and connect on Linked In and Facebook. (The next time an interesting story comes along regarding insurance, a house fire, a disaster, etc…reach out to your connections and let them know your angle. This can lead to on camera interviews!)
- Do something to promote your Referral Rewards program. Make flyers and drop them off to lenders and real estate agents in town. Share how they can earn a few extra bucks by referring to your agency. (Learn about Referral Programs here.)
You probably already have a few go-to marketing ideas. Add them to your list and aim to do at least one every single day. These little actions will get you in front of more people and help your agency grow faster. Try it today!
And if you need help getting visible on Facebook, contact us about our Platinum Facebook marketing package! (Details here.)