Tracking is so important to having a successful business of any kind. If you don’t know the numbers, it’s going to be pretty hard to improve them isn’t it?
When you are working on sales, and someone else is answering the phone, and another person is making sales, and someone else is updating the books, things get lost in the shuffle. That is, unless you have a solid tracking PLAN in place.
So here is a brief list of 5 things you can track in your insurance agency today to get you going in the right direction.
1. New Quotes – There is a very simple formula to sales. More Quotes = More Sales. The more people you present an offer to, the more that will eventually become a client. So if you want more sales, then first you need more quotes. Start by knowing EXACTLY how many you have today.
On all of these tracking tools, you don’t want to overcomplicate the process. Someday you might create an extensive spreadsheet system but today doesn’t have to be the day. Start from right where you are with tick marks on a scratch of paper if need be! Gather the same info from all your staff. You can get to the fancy stuff later.
2. Quote Sources – You know how many quotes you ran but where did they come from? Was it a walk in? A referral? A purchased lead? Ask every single quote where they heard about you and try to get as specific an answer as you can. Then write it down.
If it’s not there, add this to the form you use to gather info for a quote so it doesn’t get forgotten.
3. Premium Sales For The Month – Where do you stand for the month? This is probably being tracked already, but make sure it is clearly visible to everyone in the office and that you keep the info updated. It’s also helpful to know how much you sold in the same month last year and what your goal for the month is.
4. Individual Staff Production – Your team members should each have their own production goals depending on experience and job duties. My rules was always “everyone sells!” But how will you know who is pulling their weight if you aren’t keeping up? Break it down by dollars and make it BIG and visible! No one wants to be at the bottom of the production ladder.
5. Referrals – Referrals are the life blood of local service businesses like yours! How many are you receiving and where are they coming from? Integrate this tracking into your Referral Rewards program to make it easy to track. Download your copy of the Referral Reward Launch Kit here!
There are many, many more things you can track (phone calls, outbound calls, leads, life appointments, etc) but these are a great place to start. My biggest advice? Keep It Simple. You could print out a simple little worksheet for everyone to fill out at the end of the day.
Want to save this post? Click the SlideShare logo below to download the PDF!